26 October 2006

Iain moving slot but Triple M stays!

ILN marks it's 100th post by this important news.....

Breaking News is that Iain is moving to a new slot but we aren't sure where he would be moving, he says that LBC told him last wednesday.

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

The ratings are indeed irrelevant to me.

I am being moved to a different slot.

This is not ratings related as I was told last Wednesday.

You know I was. I really was.

Thank you.

Iain
x
This will the 3rd time he moves slot, firstly with his 10-1 Weekends slot then to 4-7/3-6:30 Weekdays since last year.

He will more likely move to his new slot in the new year as that where new contracts are given.

There are rumours that Danny Baker will leave BBC London for LBC 97.3 but they are just rumours & it suggested that Nick Abbot will be replacing Iain.

Update -

Iain has posted on his blog about the new slot

So you've probably heard the news. I shall be moving LBC slots at the start of the year. The afternoon show shall be no more. I've been told it's because of listeners, but the figures are certainly up from when I took over, and peak quite high at 5.30. The bosses have said the show is too culty and isn't mainstream enough for that slot. I'm depressed about it and more than a little dissappointed (I can never spell that word!) but hey, they're not sacking me. I can still pay the mortgage. And I can still do a radio show, hopefully with a little more freedom and less ads then I have now. I have a vague idea what the new slot will be, but until I know for sure do you mind if I keep it under my hat? People will be moved, some will not be getting their contracts renewed. It's always a tough time for the self employed presenter, so please let this news come in it's own time.

Hey, good news, Triple M on a Sunday is doing brilliantly well, getting fantastic listeners. So that's safe. That's in the bag. Do not panic about that or anything. We shall still have fun. Promise.
So that means that Triple M is staying on Sundays.

Discuss:

- New Rajars - Iain Lee Forum.com
- Is Danny Baker leaving BBC London - Digital Spy
- LBC General Chit Chat - Digital Spy

No comments: